Hong Kong - Knight Frank will host a Malaysia & Singapore Property Exhibition by SDB Properties in Hong Kong, from September 24–30, 2009.
SDB Properties is a wholly owned subsidiary of Selangor Dredging Berhad, which was listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange in 1964 and owns a prime office building and the multi award-winning Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur, both on Jalan Ampang, close to the Petronas Twin Towers. SDB Properties’ flagship project Park Seven—a luxurious, contemporary condominium at Persiaran KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre) completed in April 2008—has been a major success, with investors pleased with its capital growth.
SDB Properties specialises in contemporary, luxury, high-end developments, with which it strives to continually exceed the expectations of its customers. One of the developer’s key aims is to ‘create distinctive lifestyles’ and all its properties are spacious, light-filled and distinctly holistic, designed with integrated indoor and outdoor spaces, and set among well-landscaped environments with extensive recreational facilities.
SDB Properties will present four collections of fine homes to Hong Kong home buyers and investors:
1) Dedaun, located in central Kuala Lumpur but strategically tucked away in a quiet enclave just behind the British High Commission, is a low-density development of 38 units, with a rooftop pool and garden. Subtle and unassuming amid the embassies that surround it, the architectural intent of Dedaun has been to evoke the large, spacious homes of Malaysia’s colonial past, and offer lush greenery in the heart of the city.
2) Five Stones is a unique gated condominium in Petaling Jaya, just outside Kuala Lumpur. Situated in a mature neighbourhood well served by major highways and close to vibrant shopping areas, Five Stones comprises two high-rise blocks and three low-rise villas, offering luxurious homes from 1,800 square feet with 25-feet wide balconies and designer kitchens. The development also features an acre of landscaped gardens with walkways, a clubhouse with sports and fitness facilities, a 30-metre swimming pool and Kompan playground equipment from Denmark.
3) 20trees, overlooking the magnificent Melawati quartz ridge—the longest quartz ridge in the world—is a gated development of apartments and low-rise luxury homes with private courtyards and gardens, spread over 23 acres of cascading terraces. Located only 15km from Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 20trees features a tropical-inspired clubhouse with extensive leisure facilities, including a 50-metre infinity pool and an ‘end-of-the-world’ Jacuzzi.
4) Jia (the Mandarin word for ‘home’) is an exclusive low-rise development conveniently located in the prestigious Mount Emily area of Singapore, near Mount Emily Park and The Istana (the official residence and office of the President of Singapore). Featuring only 22 two- and three-bedroom units in the development, privacy is guaranteed, yet Jia is only two MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) stops from Orchard Station.
Teh Lip Kim, Managing Director of the SDB Group says: “The Hong Kong market is an exciting prospect for us. During this challanging time, discerning purchasers are looking for quality developments with strong overall concepts, as well as homes with practical layouts, and we believe it is now a good opportunity to introduce our new projects to the Hong Kong market.”
A special and private preview will be held at Knight Frank’s Hong Kong office. Attractive incentives available as part of the purchase package include:
- A minimum reservation fee starting from only RM30,000 (approximately HKD66,000).
- A complimentary three-day inspection trip, including two round trip air tickets and two nights accommodation at the five-star, award-winning Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur.
- An exclusive SDB card offering privileged discounts and special offers for various home and lifestyle brands.
(Terms and conditions apply to the above.)
Amous Lee, Director of the International Investment Department at Knight Frank, says: “Although the global financial crisis that started late 2008 has not yet fully recovered, over the last few months, economies across Asia have shown strong recovery. Hong Kong investors are now looking into purchasing properties in Singapore and Malaysia again, but they are being far more cautious and only the most reputable properties are getting a good response.
“For those seeking investment opportunities with long-term rental return and capital growth, we feel the Malaysia & Singapore Property Exhibition provides an excellent opportunity for attendees to connect with property consultants from Malaysia and Singapore that have expert knowledge in legal ownership structures, capital access opportunities and market trends, and also to simply find out more about purchasing overseas property.”
Knight Frank, with its network of over 200 offices worldwide and over a hundred years of experience in the international property industry, has provided trusted advisory services to some of the most influential clients in the world. The firm remains unique in its coverage of the international residential market by offering a wealth of diverse properties, from 15th century castles to Park Avenue penthouses, as well as some of Asia’s finest addresses.
Malaysia & Singapore Property Exhibition (by appointment)
Date: Thursday 24 to Wednesday 30 September, 2009
Venue: Knight Frank Hong Kong, 4/F Shui On Centre, 6–8 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
RSVP: Caren Chiu
Tel: (+852) 2846 4861 Mob: (+852) 6198 4732